▶️Fresh protests have flared in India against a contentious citizenship law, Saturday, December 21, 2019. The death toll has risen to 17 after demonstrations turned violent again on Friday.
👉Three people died during clashes between demonstrators and police in northern India on Saturday, raising the nationwide death toll in protests against a new citizenship law to 17.
O.P. Singh, the chief of police in Uttar Pradesh state, said the latest deaths have increased the death toll in the state to nine. “The number of fatalities may increase,” Singh said.
He did not give further details on the latest deaths.
Police said that over 600 people in the state have been taken into custody since Friday as part of “preventive action.”
Protesters are angered by a new law that allows Hindus, Christians and other religious minorities who are in India illegally to become citizens if they can show they were persecuted because of their religion in Muslim-majority Bangladesh, Pakistan and Afghanistan. The law does not apply to Muslims.(VOA)
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Soi kèo trên thông tin xổ số Phú Yên trực tiếp hôm nay chính xác
- Bật mí kinh nghiệm chơi nổ hũ tài xỉu đơn giản
- Download game bắn cá hoàng kim đổi thưởng về mobile hấp dẫn nhất hiện nay
- Hướng Dẫn Mua Tướng Không Tốn Quân Huy Trong Liên Quân – Mua Airi Với 25.888 Và Tặng Skin Cho Ae
- Liên Quân _ Góc Nhìn Tuyển Thủ AIC | Turtle Zephys Qua Lời Kể Chuyện Anh Hảo